AQA A-Level Biology Past Papers
Welcome to our website offering AQA A-Level Biology Past Papers! Here you can access a total of six past papers and their corresponding mark schemes, designed to help you prepare for your exams. By practising under exam conditions and reviewing your answers, you can identify areas where you need to focus your revision and improve your exam scores. Our website provides a valuable resource for A-Level Biology students, helping you to familiarise yourself with the exam format and style, and gain an insight into the types of questions likely to be asked. In addition to past papers, our website also offers other study materials and resources to support your exam preparation.
1. Biological Molecules
- 1.1 | Monomers and Polymers
- 1.1 | Monomers and Polymers (2016-2021)
- 1.2 | Carbohydrates
- 1.2 | Carbohydrates (2016-2021)
- 1.3 | Lipids
- 1.3 | Lipids (2016-2021)
- 1.4 | Proteins
- 1.4 | Proteins and Enzymes (2016-2021)
- 1.5 | Structure of DNA and RNA
- 1.6 | ATP
- 1.6 | ATP (2016-2021)
- 1.7 | Water
- 1.7 | Water (2016-2021)
- 1.8 | Inorganic ions
- 1.8 | Inorganic Ions (2016-2021)
- 1.9 | Nucleic Acids (2016-2021)
- 2.1 | Cell Recognition and Immune system
- 2.2 | Cell Structure
- 2.3 | Studying Cells
- 2.4 | The Cell Cycle including Mitosis
- 2.5 | Transport across Cell Membranes
- 2.5 | Transport across Cell Membrane (2016-2021)
- 2.6 | Cell Structure and Microscopy (2016-2021)
- 2.7 | Cell Cycle and Mitosis (2016-2021)
- 2.8 | The Immune System (2016-2021)
- 2 | Immunity
3. Organisms Exchange Substances
- 3.1 | Surface Area to Volume Ratio
- 3.1 | Surface Area to Volume Ratio (2016-2021)
- 3.2 | Gas Exchange
- 3.2 | Gas Exchange (2016-2021)
- 3.3 | Digestion and Transport
- 3.3 | Digestion and Absorption (2016-2021)
- 3.4 | Mass Transport in Animals
- 3.4 | Mass Transport in Animals (2016-2021)
- 3.4 | Mass Transport in Plants
- 3.4 | Mass Transport in Plants (2016-2021)
4. Genetics, Biodiversity and Classification
- 4.1 | DNA, Genes and Chromosomes
- 4.1 | DNA, Genes and Chromosomes (2016-2021)
- 4.2 | DNA and Protein Synthesis
- 4.3 | Genetic Diversity via Mutation
- 4.4 | Genetic Diversity and Adaptation
- 4.4 | Genetic Diversity and Adaptation
- 4.5 | Species and Taxonomy
- 4.5 | Species and Taxonomy (2016-2021)
- 4.6 | Biodiversity within a Community
- 4.6 | Biodiversity within a community (2016-2021)
- 4.7 | Investigating Diversity
- 4.7 | Investigating Diversity (2016-2021)
- 4.8 | Transcription and Translation (2016-2021)
- 4.9 | Mutation and Meiosis (2016-2021)
5. Energy Transfer between Organisms
- 5.1 | Photosynthesis
- 5.1 | Photosynthesis (2016-2021)
- 5.2 | Respiration
- 5.2 | Respiration (2016-2021)
- 5.3 | Energy and Ecosystems
- 5.3 | Energy and Ecosystems (2016-2021)
- 5.4 | Nutrient Cycles
- 5.4 | Nutrient Cycles (2016-2021)
6. Organisms Respond to Changes in Environments
- 6.1 | Survival and response
- 6.1 | Survival and Response (2016-2021)
- 6.2 | Osmoregulation
- 6.3 | Nerve Impulses
- 6.4 | Synaptic transmission
- 6.5 | Skeletal muscle
- 6.6 | Principles of Homeostasis and Negative Feedback
- 6.7 | Control of Blood Glucose
- 6.7 | Control of blood glucose concentration (2016-2021)
- 6.7 | Control of Heart Rate (2016-2021)
- 6.7 | Control of blood water potential (2016-2021)
- 6.8 | Receptors (2016-2021)
- 6.9 | Nervous Coordination (2016-2021)
- 6.10 | Contraction of Skeletal Muscles (2016-2021)
- 6.11 | Homeostasis (2016-2021)
7. Genetics, Populations, Evolution & Ecosystems
- 7.1 | Inheritance and Genetic Crosses
- 7.1 | Inheritance and Hardy-Weinberg Principle (2016-2021)
- 7.2 | Populations and Hardy-Weinberg
- 7.2 | Populations (2016-2021)
- 7.3 | Evolution & Speciation
- 7.3 | Evolution (2016-2021)
- 7.4 | Populations in Ecosystems
- 7.4 | Populations in Ecosystems (2016-2021)
8. Control of Gene Expression
- 8.1 | Gene Mutation
- 8.1 | Gene mutations (2016-2021)
- 8.1 | DNA Probes
- 8.1 | DNA probe and Gel Electrophoresis (2016-2021)
- 8.2 | Regulation of Transcription
- 8.2 | Gene Expression and Cancer
- 8.2 | Cancer (2016-2021)
- 8.2 | Epigenetics and RNA interference (2016-2021)
- 8.2 | Stem Cells (2016-2021)
- 8.3 | Stem Cells
- 8.3 | Using Genome Projects
- 8.3 | Genome Projects (2016-2021)
- 8.4 | Recombinant DNA Technology
- 8.4 | Recombinant DNA (2016-2021)
- 8.4 | Genetic Fingerprinting
AQA A-Level Biology Past Papers June 2018
- 2018 | Paper 1
- 2018 | Paper 2
- 2018 | Paper 3
AQA A-Level Biology Past Papers June 2017
- 2017 | Paper 1
- 2017 | Paper 2
- 2017 | Paper 3
- 1 | 1.1 Monomers and Polymers
- 2 | 1.2 Carbohydrates
- 3 | 1.3 Lipids
- 4 | 1.4 Proteins
- 5 | 1.5 DNA and RNA
FREE A Level Biology Tutorials
- Access Free Biology Tutorials
- Tailored to every exam board specification
AQA A-Level Biology Tutoring
We believe that a personal approach is best when it comes to teaching and learning. So when you sign-up for our AQA A-Level Biology tutoring, we’ll create your study plan and you’ll receive ongoing support tailored to your needs.
Start with a hand-picked tutor.
Our teachers have attended prestigious Russell Group universities and have achieved an outstanding academic record. They are also familiar with exams the student will take.Get Started
Get help with difficult concepts.
Sometimes we all have that one A-Level Biology problem we just can’t figure out. Our tutors are experienced in working through tough questions, step-by-step.Get Started
Exclusive examiner tips
Exam technique is the difference between A and A*, and our A-Level Biology Tutors have years of experience learning what examiners like to see.Get Started
Support at your convenience
Day before your exam? Struggling with a question? Our A-Level Biology Tutors know first-hand the stress of studying and are there to promptly help and respond!Get Started
1-to-1 lessons tailored to AQA A-Level Biology Past Papers
→ What are AQA A-Level Biology past papers?
AQA A-Level Biology past papers are previous examination papers from the AQA exam board that have been used in the past for the A-Level Biology exam. These papers are designed to help students prepare for their upcoming exams by providing them with an idea of the type of questions they may encounter, and the level of difficulty they can expect.
→ How can AQA A-Level Biology past papers be useful for students?
AQA A-Level Biology past papers are useful for students as they provide an opportunity to practice and prepare for their upcoming exams. By reviewing past papers, students can familiarize themselves with the exam format and style, identify areas of weakness and focus on them to improve their knowledge and understanding.
→ Where can I find AQA A-Level Biology past papers?
AQA A-Level Biology past papers can be found on the AQA website or other educational websites that offer A-Level Biology resources. Some websites may charge a fee for accessing past papers, while others may offer them for free.
→ How many AQA A-Level Biology past papers are available?
There are a total of six AQA A-Level Biology past papers available, as well as their corresponding mark schemes. These past papers cover topics such as biological molecules, cells, organisms exchange substances with their environment, genetic information, variation, relationships between organisms and the environment, and energy transfers in and between organisms.
→ How can I use AQA A-Level Biology past papers to improve my exam scores?
Students can use AQA A-Level Biology past papers to improve their exam scores by taking practice exams under exam conditions, reviewing their answers and identifying areas where they need to improve. By analyzing past papers, students can gain an insight into the exam format and style, as well as the types of questions that are likely to be asked. Additionally, reviewing past papers can help students to identify areas where they need to focus their revision and improve their knowledge and understanding.
→ Can I use AQA A-Level Biology past papers to revise for other exam boards?
While AQA A-Level Biology past papers are specifically designed for the AQA exam board, they can still be useful for students revising for other exam boards. This is because the topics covered in A-Level Biology are generally similar across all exam boards. However, it is important to note that the style and format of questions may differ between exam boards, so students should also refer to past papers from their own exam board for comprehensive preparation.
→ Are AQA A-Level Biology past papers the only resource I need to prepare for my exams?
While AQA A-Level Biology past papers are a valuable resource for exam preparation, they should not be the only resource that students use. Students should also refer to textbooks, revision guides, and other study materials to ensure they have a comprehensive understanding of the course content. Additionally, seeking guidance from teachers or tutors can also be helpful in identifying areas where further revision is needed.